Why Join Eastside Audubon?
Your membership in Eastside Audubon benefits birds, the community — and you!
Benefits to Birds and the Community
Your membership supports:
- Habitat restoration in local parks and natural areas
- Surveys of nesting and migrating bird populations
- Scholarships for college-bound high school seniors
- Summer camp scholarships for middle school children
- Grants to teachers for reusable classroom materials
- Nature education events for families and adults
- Advocacy for birds and wildlife at the state, county and municipal levels
- Action for environmentally responsible energy policy and mass transportation
- Pursuit of wildlife-friendly alternatives in east King County development
- Citizen science projects
Please note: Membership in Eastside Audubon is separate from membership in National Audubon. By joining your local chapter, you support education and conservation close to home. At the same time, Eastside Audubon conservation programs align with the Pacific Flyways strategy of National Audubon. That means your membership at the local level has hemispheric significance.
Benefits for You
As a member of Eastside Audubon you can:
- Learn about birds and sharpen your birding skills with help from experienced birders.
- Meet people who enjoy birding and the outdoors.
- Volunteer in an area you care about.
- Attend members-only events.
- Be part of a team for the Christmas Bird Count.
- Take birding classes for reduced fees.
- Receive our e-newsletter, The Corvid Crier.
- Hear thought-provoking talks by experts on birds and nature.
- Improve your photography skills with our Bird Photo group.
- Give back to the community and nature.