Tips for Successful Birding With Eastside Audubon
Please read these guidelines to ensure that you'll have the most fun and comfort possible on your birding walks and trips with Eastside Audubon.
You Are Welcome
- Whether you're a first-time birder or an experienced one, you're welcome on all of our trips and walks.
- Non-members are invited unless an event is listed as members-only.
- Children 8 and older are welcome on all walks and trips. Younger children are welcome on family birding walks. In all cases, ages 17 and younger must have an adult companion.
- We go rain or shine (unless the leader lets you know otherwise). That's why we always say, "Dress for the weather!"
- Pre-registration is required only when noted in the trip announcement.
- Start times posted are departure times. Please arrive ahead of the posted start. Your trip leader wants you to get to where the birds are when the time is just right.
What to Bring
- Binoculars are advised. Spotting scopes may be useful but are not required.
- Bring fluids and snacks and any other food the leader recommends.
- Did we mention? Dress for the weather! Sturdy shoes or mud boots are often useful.
- Cash is best for carpool share and ferries.
- Discover Pass is required at state parks. Please bring yours if you're going on a carpool trip that includes a state park.
- Own an FRS radio? Please bring it when you're going on a car trip.