How to Write a Letter to Help Save the Group Health Trees
Tips and addresses for writing to Group Health and the City of Redmond
You can make a difference by writing to Group Health and the City of Redmond to oppose the plan to remove all of the trees at the former Group Health hospital site in Overlake.
Sustainable Redmond recommends writing an email or traditional letter to Group Health and sending a copy to the City of Redmond. These are the addresses to use:
Board of Trustees
Group Heath Cooperative
320 Westlake Ave. N.
Seattle, WA 98109-5233
Redmond Mayor and City Council
PO Box 97010
Redmond, WA 98073-9710
If you'd like some suggestions for talking points, Sustainable Redmond offers the following:
- Removal of the trees is contrary to Group Health Cooperative's long tradition of good stewardship and a positive relationship with the community.
- Removal of the trees is in conflict with Group Health's mission, as trees provide health benefits to the community by improving air quality and providing respite from stress.
- Mention any personal experiences you have had at that site.
- If you are a Group Health member, please mention that.
- If you copy the City of Redmond and you are a resident, mention that.