Community Outreach/Events Chair
Outreach is an important aspect of our organization and we need a volunteer to lead our Community Outreach Program.
You will work with the Board of Directors to plan campaigns, projects and partnerships in our local community with a focus on including people and organizations with whom we have not historically worked. You will work with various organizations and our volunteers to coordinate outreach events at multiple venues on the Eastside. You will be responsible for organizing all aspects of the event – from inception to completion, including:
- Schedule event,
- Work with Volunteer Coordinator to schedule volunteers;
- Draft publicity for our publicity team;
- Ensure all materials and props are delivered and returned on event day;
- Write thank you notes to host organization and all volunteers who participated in the event;
You will spearhead efforts to partner with other organizations, and grow our membership, through outreach to diverse sectors of our community.
There is generally one event per month, and each one-day event takes 5-10 hours.
- Attention to detail and timelines
- Organized and ability to communicate directions to volunteers
- Reliability and punctuality
- Great project follow through
- Work well with others and ability to delegate
- Basic computer skills
Contact Jan McGruder at 425-576-8805 or e-mail: email@example.com.